Although I don't know who said it first, one of my favorite sayings is: Those who DO NOT read have no advantage over those that CAN NOT read. As one may imagine, I love to read. If I can't read it, I'll listen to it. I enjoy reading mostly non-fiction. Anyhow, I heard on the radio (so I know it HAS to be true, right) that physicist Stephen W. Hawking has been attending a Cambridge University church for the past few months. I did a quick Internet search to see if I could find any more credible evidence and found the following. I found it very interesting.
www.leaderu.com/real/ri9501/bigbang2.html
Keep in mind, unlike most people, I do not find Prof. Hawking the end-all-be-all of intellectual thought regarding the creation of the Universe. Genius? Certainly. But, I have a big problem with people that are extremely gifted in one or two subjects takings stabs at other areas where they may not be experts. As smart as he is, he has no more or less insight as to the nature of the Creator of the Universe as do you or I. Physicists should stick to physics while letting theologians deal with theology and the "mind of God." As soon as Physics, or all of Science for that matter, can create one cell, just one living cell, I will no longer have Faith in a divine Creator. Science may be able to clone a sheep or grow an extra ear on a mouses back, but that is duplicating, not creating. Big difference. Big, big difference. Science is missing one important element that only God has: the ability to create life. Science can't make a flower. It can't make a tape worm or a germ. All it can do is manipulate or change what God has already created.
Once again, I don't know where I heard this, but I like it:
One day a group of scientists got together and decided that humans had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one
scientist to go and tell God so.
The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you; We're to the point that we can clone people and do
many miraculous things, so why don't You just go on and get lost."
God listened very patiently and kindly to the man. After the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this? Let's say we have a
man-making contest." To which the scientist replied, "Okay, great!"
"But," God added, "we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."
The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.
God looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt."
www.leaderu.com/real/ri9501/bigbang2.html
Keep in mind, unlike most people, I do not find Prof. Hawking the end-all-be-all of intellectual thought regarding the creation of the Universe. Genius? Certainly. But, I have a big problem with people that are extremely gifted in one or two subjects takings stabs at other areas where they may not be experts. As smart as he is, he has no more or less insight as to the nature of the Creator of the Universe as do you or I. Physicists should stick to physics while letting theologians deal with theology and the "mind of God." As soon as Physics, or all of Science for that matter, can create one cell, just one living cell, I will no longer have Faith in a divine Creator. Science may be able to clone a sheep or grow an extra ear on a mouses back, but that is duplicating, not creating. Big difference. Big, big difference. Science is missing one important element that only God has: the ability to create life. Science can't make a flower. It can't make a tape worm or a germ. All it can do is manipulate or change what God has already created.
Once again, I don't know where I heard this, but I like it:
One day a group of scientists got together and decided that humans had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one
scientist to go and tell God so.
The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you; We're to the point that we can clone people and do
many miraculous things, so why don't You just go on and get lost."
God listened very patiently and kindly to the man. After the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this? Let's say we have a
man-making contest." To which the scientist replied, "Okay, great!"
"But," God added, "we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."
The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.
God looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home