Oh, this is great! In order to satisfy my thirst for knowledge, I found this little gem of insight into Planned Parenthoods spin on Mr. Bush's decision.
Any highlights are mine. www.plannedparenthood.org/about/pr/081001stemcell.html
" Planned Parenthood Calls Stem Cell Decision "No
Compromise"
Bush Bows to Anti-Choice Extremists
Statement by Gloria Feldt, President
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
August 9, 2001
We are deeply concerned that President Bush has ignored the wishes of a
majority of Americans, and the advice of scientists, by severely restricting
federal funding for medical research using embryonic stem cells. Once
again, politics have come before medicine. Despite his attempt tonight to
persuade Americans that he had heard their voice and understood the need
for this research, the restrictions he announced make it likely that research
efforts will be severely limited. As a result, the gains scientists had hoped to
achieve in developing new treatments for a broad range of afflictions might
be greatly hampered.
Bush has again bowed to the demands of a small number of anti-choice
extremists who want to impose their ideological beliefs on all of us, ignoring
science and medicine, and sacrificing the health of Americans and others in
the process.
The Bush administration has repeatedly made decisions that fly in the face
of scientific and medical knowledge, and has ignored the health needs of
women in particular. Family planning services, contraception, and access to
abortion are all part of basic health care for women, and all have been
attacked by the Bush administration for partisan political and ideological
reasons. He's completely out of step with the American people.
Every decision that affects the lives and health of Americans and all people
should be based on science and medicine, not on political considerations or
the ideological views of any group or individual. That's what a majority of
Americans believe, and that's what every one of us has a right to expect." End of their article.
Oh, I just want to wrap myself up in this and savor it. I want to saturate myself with the stupidity and knee-jerk reactionism that their statement oozes. Unbelievable.
I'm sorry, but did I miss something? I thought his decision was about stem cells and embryos. What does that have to do with family planning, contraception, and access to abortion? Oh yeah, see the article below, it's about the begining of life. The sad thing is, there are 4,000 more woman each day who have to convince themselves of this steaming pant-load of crap because they were sold an abortion and the best way to effectively deal with the guilt of killing your child is to first deny that it was living to begin with. The second thing is to convince yourself that it was your "right". Thirdly, but certainly not lastly, surround yourself with similar minded folks. Anyone that ever tries to even suggest anything even seeming to question abortion on demand is an anti-choice extremist. I'm so sorry ladies, but this has nothing to do with imposing ideological views on anyone. You see, in this or any other civilized society, we do not kill each other or claim to have a right to or euphamize it so it sounds harmless. This is not a political view, it is a societal norm. We just don't kill each other. We don't harvest each other either. Actually, I really have no problem with the article above because I think it is so far out of touch with what the regular person thinks, as soon as anyone would read it, they would think, "Lord, what kinda whack-job orginazation is this?" Planned Parenthood makes a better argument against themselves than I ever could. Keep up the good work! Douche bags.
Any highlights are mine. www.plannedparenthood.org/about/pr/081001stemcell.html
" Planned Parenthood Calls Stem Cell Decision "No
Compromise"
Bush Bows to Anti-Choice Extremists
Statement by Gloria Feldt, President
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
August 9, 2001
We are deeply concerned that President Bush has ignored the wishes of a
majority of Americans, and the advice of scientists, by severely restricting
federal funding for medical research using embryonic stem cells. Once
again, politics have come before medicine. Despite his attempt tonight to
persuade Americans that he had heard their voice and understood the need
for this research, the restrictions he announced make it likely that research
efforts will be severely limited. As a result, the gains scientists had hoped to
achieve in developing new treatments for a broad range of afflictions might
be greatly hampered.
Bush has again bowed to the demands of a small number of anti-choice
extremists who want to impose their ideological beliefs on all of us, ignoring
science and medicine, and sacrificing the health of Americans and others in
the process.
The Bush administration has repeatedly made decisions that fly in the face
of scientific and medical knowledge, and has ignored the health needs of
women in particular. Family planning services, contraception, and access to
abortion are all part of basic health care for women, and all have been
attacked by the Bush administration for partisan political and ideological
reasons. He's completely out of step with the American people.
Every decision that affects the lives and health of Americans and all people
should be based on science and medicine, not on political considerations or
the ideological views of any group or individual. That's what a majority of
Americans believe, and that's what every one of us has a right to expect." End of their article.
Oh, I just want to wrap myself up in this and savor it. I want to saturate myself with the stupidity and knee-jerk reactionism that their statement oozes. Unbelievable.
I'm sorry, but did I miss something? I thought his decision was about stem cells and embryos. What does that have to do with family planning, contraception, and access to abortion? Oh yeah, see the article below, it's about the begining of life. The sad thing is, there are 4,000 more woman each day who have to convince themselves of this steaming pant-load of crap because they were sold an abortion and the best way to effectively deal with the guilt of killing your child is to first deny that it was living to begin with. The second thing is to convince yourself that it was your "right". Thirdly, but certainly not lastly, surround yourself with similar minded folks. Anyone that ever tries to even suggest anything even seeming to question abortion on demand is an anti-choice extremist. I'm so sorry ladies, but this has nothing to do with imposing ideological views on anyone. You see, in this or any other civilized society, we do not kill each other or claim to have a right to or euphamize it so it sounds harmless. This is not a political view, it is a societal norm. We just don't kill each other. We don't harvest each other either. Actually, I really have no problem with the article above because I think it is so far out of touch with what the regular person thinks, as soon as anyone would read it, they would think, "Lord, what kinda whack-job orginazation is this?" Planned Parenthood makes a better argument against themselves than I ever could. Keep up the good work! Douche bags.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home