Friday, April 05, 2002

Now, I realize that my solution to the Mid-East violence yesterday may have irked some and seemed somewhat blunt, but frankly, to me it seems just as rational as some of the other "solutions" I've seen. Most of them involve some sort of sharing and a co-occupation of territory. The UN resolution, I forget which number, is pretty much along that line of thinking. Take one big roll of masking tape and drag it all the way from one end of the land to the other. The Palestinians and Bobby Brady stay on one side, while the Jews and Peter Brady stay on the other. My older brother and I used to do the same thing in the back seat during long trips, just like every other pair of siblings on the planet. I think we all know how it turns out. I know how mine did. Years and years of black-eyes and bloody noses on my part, until one glorious day when I was about 14 and got to be bigger than him. I kicked the living holy shit out of his punk ass. I made him my bitch. Hmmm, violence solved the problem. Sure the UN and US can insist on whatever so-called "peaceful" resolutions they propose as far as sharing the territory, etc. But, I promise you, the violence and hate will not stop until one side has destoyed the other. Crazy hate-filled Palestinians will continue to blow themselves up in Jewish markets. Crazy hate-filled Palestinians will continue to indoctrinate their youth with hate for Jews. It will continue until there are no more militant Palestinians left who are willing to die. Just like WWII continued until there were no more Nazi's left fighting and the Japanese were glowing a lovely shade of radioactive pale green. There were still Germans and Japanese left, but, just like my douche bag brother, they had no fight left in them because they knew they were beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home