Thursday, April 25, 2002

So it's "Bring your daughter to work Day" today. I sort of dig this for a few a couple reasons. First, I dig seeing new faces, especially if those faces are pretty girls. Second, I think the originators of this bogus "day" have forgotten something very important. To take a young and impressionable girl to an office to see what Mom does probably does more to convince that girl to avoid that path in life at all costs. Imagine being 10 years old and going into your Mom's office and seeing all the drab, lifless faces, staring blankly into a computer, seeing the same unfunny "Dilbert" cartoons, the stacks of work to be done, having lunch in a break room with 15 other dissatisfied women and their similarly bewildered daughters. Yeah. That'll motivate some young women to get out there in the work place alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home